Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Important photography rule - #2

Well today I learned and reminded myself again of another important rule in photography.  Well as I stated a few weeks back of rule # 1 of never leave home without making sure you have your memory card in your camera. 

#2's rule is when you see or have an photo opportunity shoot it and don't take it for granted  and put tit off thinking its always going to be there.  In my case, there is this house that I would drive by all the time near my house on Maywood Ave that had this sign that they must've hand made in shape of a guitar with that statement "All you need is Love" and at nighttime it would be lit up with red lightbulbs.  I remember seeing these house and sign long before I even moved to Maywood and wondered about it.  I was all set to take it today as I was going to work and then again at night and guess of course...........it was gone and taken down after being up since like before Christmas.  I had all this time and it was always on my way and never took the time. 

Totally learned my lesson there!!

2 comments:

  1. I had the same thing happen. I go to a networking group at a church in Suffern NY. Someone at a house nearby made a 3ft high, 6 ft long snow goldfish. I kept forgetting my camera, thinking it'd be there a while. In my case, I remembered the camera and got the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, man! I hear you, Denise! I've definitely had that happen where I don't have my camera handy and think, 'oh, I'll just come back another time,' but then next time comes and whatever it is I thought would still be there isn't there. :(

    Now that you mention it, I would have liked to see that sign, too. Oh well :(

    ReplyDelete