Sunday, January 16, 2011

Take a picture - Day 12 - A Different View

Sometimes with my photography I like to take a photo of something at a different angle to get a new perspective on it, like with this light fixture that hangs in the lobby of the Morristown Hyatt.  When you walk in you can't help but look at these 2 wonderful vertical light glass sculptures. 

The first time I saw them, they instantly reminded me of the famous glass blower artist Dale Chihuly whose work I first saw at the Oklahoma City Art Museum and then at the New York Botanical gardens.  Tom asked at the front desk once if they were Chihuly lights and found out they were not original Chihuly but replicas. 

Taking a photo of this light while standing right underneath allows you to see this wonderful sunburst.

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I like to get that same perspective when I'm taking photos of trees; I get right underneath them and capture the sun coming through from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chihuly! He has a sculpture in the Indianapolis Children's Museum.

    ReplyDelete