Friday, November 18, 2011

Take a Picture - Day 318 - Taking it 1 Holiday at a time

Usually this time of year the Christmas decorations come in full force around town and in stores.  I was visiting my mom the other day & her town already had Christmas decorations on the street lights.  I mean its not even thanksgiving yet!

I always feel like Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday sometimes because as soon as Halloween is over & those decorations come down ( & get marked down 50%) immediately the Christmas decorations come out.

Well when I was driving on Main St in Lodi today I was shocked to find that they their street lights were decorated with Happy Thanksgiving signs with various images of turkeys (as seen in my photo), cornucopias,  & Pilgrims hats.    So I applaud Lodi for taking it one Holiday at time & not rushing the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Lodi! Thanksgiving really is the forgotten holiday, it seems. Sad.

    ReplyDelete